We all know that strong, functioning teams are the building blocks of successful organizations. But what makes for an effective team? And how do you go about building a good one?
In this episode, I’m answering these important questions and sharing what makes for a great team, as well as what you need to have in place in order to build that team in the first place. I’ll also be sharing why the stage of your business’s life cycle will determine what you should be hiring for and why skills are only one piece of the puzzle to consider in the hiring process.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The four conditions that matter most for good collaboration.
- What can break a strong team support structure.
- Why strong leadership is imperative for teams.
- How you can foster good teamwork, even with a tight budget.
- Why the business life cycle is an important consideration in team building.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“The foundation of every great team is a direction that energizes, orients, and engages its members.” - @infoSandstone Click To Tweet “Everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction—towards the same end result—or the team won’t work.” - @infoSandstone Click To Tweet “Building a team for a start-up vs. adding to a team for a more mature company are two completely different things.” - @infoSandstone Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- The Secrets of Great Teamwork by Martine Haas and Mark Mortensen