Today, I am joined by the founders of SideBiz Studio, an online marketplace that showcases products and services offered by the Canadian Arts community. Kelsey Verzotti and Jacob Sheffield started SideBiz just over a year ago, and in this episode, they share how they are encouraging it to evolve as a marketplace and a business.
Listen in as Kelsey and Jacob give some great insight into how they have navigated the hurdles of growing a new business during a pandemic. You’ll learn how important it was to find balance between making a living and pouring into a passion project and what their plan is for their performing careers, as well as for the growth and evolution of SideBiz.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Kelsey and Jacob met and made SideBiz happen.
- The biggest lessons they learned from starting a business during a pandemic.
- Grants and other financial aspects they dealt with.
- How they decide who can open up a shop on SideBiz.
- The importance of resilience when starting a new business.
- How the EDGE program has supported them.
- Their vision for the next year.