As an executive recruiter, I’ve been having a lot of conversations with parents who are worried about their kids and what the job market will look like for them. So, in this episode, I’m going to share my thoughts on the prospects for careers and the job market for Gen Z, including the paths I’ve seen people taking to succeed, the common themes amongst successful students, and the opportunities that I see opening up.
Listen in to learn some of the key differences between how people go into and choose careers now based on how careers were chosen 20, 30, or 40 years ago. You will also get a glimpse into an event for practicing pitches that I judged and key things I observed about the winners. The options and decision-making when it comes to careers have changed so much over the last couple decades, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How job and career choices have changed over the last few decades.
- The concerns people have about the current and future job market.
- Why I think kids are lucky when it comes to job opportunities now.
- The benefits of entrepreneurial programs and availability of mentorships.
- A common theme between successful student entrepreneurs.
- The positive effects that have come from the pandemic.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“From my perspective, kids today are really lucky because the job opportunities are endless. - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet “I envy the kids today because there are so many resources that are available to them to help them figure out what they want to do.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet “There are so many options open to you if you are willing to put in the effort to make it work, leverage the talents of those around you, and support each other.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: