Today, you’ll get to hear from the awesome mother-daughter duo Kim Hickman and Katie Thompson, who are the masterminds behind DIOSA Designs Inc. They share their passion for supporting women and how they do just that with thoughtfully designed, multi-functioning backpacks specifically designed to serve women. They also share many of the lessons and insights they have gained through building the business and finding ways to make an impact on a global scale.
Listen in as Kim and Katie discuss what it’s like working together as mother and daughter, as well as what their past work consisted of and how it led to creating DIOSA Designs. You will also hear about how they weave positive impact into many parts of their business and what that has led to for them.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The origin story for DIOSA.
- Kim’s previous businesses and experiences that contributed to and helped with DIOSA.
- Katie’s role on the DIOSA team and how she is navigating sales and partnerships.
- Who they chose to support and work with and why.
- How the pandemic has impacted DIOSA and the importance of B-Corp.
- Key takeaways to reflect on and what’s next with DIOSA.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“When we realized there wasn’t a fashionable and functional backpack design on the market, we said, 'Let’s design it!'” - Katie Thompson Click To Tweet “My mom has such an entrepreneurial spirit. If she sees something out there – a problem that needs to be fixed or a product that isn’t out there – she goes and does it!” - Katie Thompson Click To Tweet “If you’re passionate about something and you believe in it, you can make it work.” - Kim Hickman Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- DIOSA Designs: Website | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
- Kim Hickman: LinkedIn | Facebook
- Katie Thompson: LinkedIn
- Give Get Go
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: