November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada! On this podcast, I usually like to highlight business owners who believe business is a force for good and promote the message of profits and purpose, but today’s episode is all about profits. The financial side of business is key to success, so I’m going to give you insight into how you can build and share financial literacy within your business and community.
Did you know that during Financial Literacy Month, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) works with organizations to help strengthen financial literacy? Listen in as I discuss what they are focusing on this year and the strategies they are recommending to businesses in order to strengthen foundational financial knowledge across the board. You’ll learn why increased financial literacy is so important to the community as a whole, common issues that arise where there’s a lack of financial knowledge, and tips on getting the financial help your business needs.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Common misconceptions around financial literacy.
- Why financial literacy is so important to business owners.
- The risks involved in completely outsourcing financials.
- Similarities between personal and business financial knowledge.
- The 5-year financial strategy and how it’s being implemented.
- The importance of having a savings routine.
- The key to having a successful, purpose-filled business.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“There’s a common misconception that all business owners have a strong sense of their financials and understand their numbers.'” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet “Financial literacy is important for all ages and stages because it gives you the skills to manage your money effectively.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet “Without financial literacy, it’s hard to build a strong foundation on which to finance and grow your business.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: