We talk about purpose driven organizations all the time on this podcast, but how can a regular organization transition into a more purpose driven one? And how do you know when you have become a purpose driven organization? In this episode, I’ll be addressing this matter of purpose, becoming more purposeful and even how it relates to employee engagement and your effectiveness as a business.
Listen in as I draw from an article published in Harvard Business Review in August 2018 to discuss the different angles of the role of purpose in business. You will hear eight research-based, essential tips for building a purpose driven organization. I also discuss the importance of communicating your purpose with clarity and why it’s so important to integrate purpose into even the smaller details of your organization.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why purpose driven organizations are often more successful.
- How purpose plays into the success of a business.
- Why purpose can upgrade the dynamics between leadership and employees.
- The vicious cycles happening between management and employees—and how that can be changed.
- Eight essential tips to help build a purpose driven organization.
- The complications of implementing purpose and why clarity is so important.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Maybe it is time to try another approach and align the organization with an authentic higher purpose that intersects with your business interests and helps guide your decisions.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet “Studies have shown that when purpose is communicated with clarity, there is a positive performance on financial performance from an operational financial perspective, and for public companies, in their stock performance, as well.” - Sandra… Click To Tweet “Employees who find meaning in their work and are connected to the organization and its purpose will be more productive and innovative—and will ultimately help your business in the long-term.” - Sandra D'Souza Click To Tweet
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: